Thursday, August 8, 2013

Training day

After only doing 3km yesterday and I'm still ticked off about that! I thought I ought to train today as opposed to just riding.

The weather was much better today, a few threatening clouds around but mostly sunny, about 24c I think. Three hours in the saddle, mostly Tempo and Sweetspot with plenty of short intervals thrown, even added a sprint and the numbers for that were a little down on potential but not so far I'm going to worry about it.

In the afternoon I went to get a new rear tyre, with only two races left I decided it wasn't worth taking a risk after yesterday. Prices at Van Eycks at the moment in the massive sale are amazing $25 for top of the range Vittoria, can't beat that even on the internet, wish I had room for a dozen in my bags. I also managed to fulfil a jersey request, so my mate Mark now has a long sleeved jersey to add to the short sleeved jersey I managed to find yesterday.

That was it for the day, tomorrow a recovery ride and dinner with Steve Snowling and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment