Thursday, August 1, 2013

Another perfect day in cycling heaven

Perfect day today, 34 c with a pleasant light breeze blowing to add a bit of cooling. I rode for 90 minutes this morning, just a recovery ride, I had no sorenesss but I do feel pretty tired so an easy day should do me a power of good.

Racing tomorrow at Beveren with the WAOD, its going to be hot again, I'm told the course is flat so I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I know if I get it right and it goes right for me I can win one of these races, whether I will or not I'll have to see and to be honest if I was offered the placings I have so far before I came I would have taken them gladly. The training I have done has prepared me pretty well, with the knowledge of being here I might have done things a little different, but only a little, I would have to call my training plan this year a success.

Its a pity more Oz Vet riders don't come and try it here, I'm only aware that two riders have been here for more than a
an odd race. It would open the eyes of most riders I think.

Due to the pressure put on me I will be riding the ICF World Championships on Sunday but without any aspiration but I will do the best I can but I think that opportunity is out of my reach entirely on an age basis but it always a good day, usually entertaining and besides I want to visit my old friend that leaves nearby. The big problem will be I have to leave the hotel a 6.30 am! The old guys race is always the first one on the programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment