Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Another rest day


Home straight at ICF World championships



Pretty slow day today, weather forecast threatened some rain but it never materialised which was good, so a pleasant 25c, light winds. Did 2 hours this morning on the bike, a bit harder than yesterday mostly easy endurance with some tempo and threshold thrown in, plus a few short sharp intervals to get me going. I felt a lot stronger than yesterday, but to be honest that wouldn't have been difficult I was empty yesterday, but still don't think the top end is back where it should be but its another 24 hours before I race again so hopefully all will be well then.

Apparently the annual Kermis (fair) party in the square went until 3am, there are some sore heads about today I think, the music and PA system were making a hell of a racket when I went to bed, I read for a bit and when I turned the light out I remember thinking that's loud, the next thing I remember is 7am, so loud it may have been but I was obviously tired.

This afternoon it was the turn of the juniores to race on the Erondegem circuit that passes the hotel, I was going to say that they were even more aggresive than the elites yesterday but I don't think that's possible, let just say that they rode a very quick race. Or maybe they were showing off for the parents and assorted relatives that chose our hill to view on because if they then run through the church yard they can see the race again over there. Just like Yesterday the hill was the place to hand up bottles and stand with spare bikes and spare wheels. I'm sure the juniores are as accomplished as the elites at taking bottles but when mum's or dad's where handing up it wasn't always succesful! Some of the spare bikes where set in very low gears because Dad had been riding it around and I particularly liked the mum that had her spare wheelset carefully clutched but still in the wheel bag! I can only imagine what junior would have said as he stood waiting for his mum to get his wheels out. However nobody I saw needed wheels so it wasn't a problem.

So that was pretty much it for today, racing tomorrow at Malderen with the VWF, on Saturday at Westkerke which is over near the coast with the WAOD, I haven't decided my last race on Sunday yet I can go with either the VWF or the WAOD, decisions, decisions.

It's kind of sad that the trip is coming to a close with only a few races left, so I need to say goodbye to a few people as the week winds down.

No comments:

Post a Comment