Saturday, August 3, 2013

A day trying to recover a bit

I woke up today to a lovely cool breeze, when I rode this morning it was only 23c and the cool breeze was delicious after yesterdays humidity. I've finally stopped hydrating! I drank so much fluid last night I was up half the night!

Anyway just an hour or so today, just letting the legs turn over at a reasonable cadence to try and shift the crap out of my muscles. I must admit I'm not super confident of even finishing on Sunday but I'm doing everything I know to come up as fresh as I can so I'll do my best.

I have to get up at 6am to get there which I could have done without but they always put the oldies on first and work back through the age groups to set the under 40's off last, I think they do a 120km, we do half of that.

An interesting little fact when I examined my data files from the race yesterday was that whilst most of the measures I follow where good and what I am capable of doing in training, the last minute was the highest power ouput I've ever done for a minute, which I decided was pretty good considering how tough the race was and I guess it shows I was trying to win the darn thing!

The excitement today was the big womens race here in Erondegem, UCI 1.2 so pretty important, 22 teams, 6 girls to a team and a 22+ car convoy, lots of noise and excitement, no AIS team this year they have always been here in the past. The Swiss BIGLA team stayed in the hotel, Emma Pooley rides for them but she wasn't here today. 3.30pm start, finish about 7pm. The 160 VIP's using the hotel facilities had started drinking by the time I went out for my ride just after 10am, I'm pleased to report none of them lasted to the finish! The added attraction was helicopter rides for 35 Euro a head judging by the regularity of the noise they were getting a steady stream of takers.

No comments:

Post a Comment