Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 2 - bored

PLenty of time to watch the tour this after but I would have preferred to be riding and just watch the finale!

Called the Brussels office of Qatar Airways this morning and spoke to a nice lady that was very helpful to a point, seemed to understand that lost luggage was a big deal but definitely gave me the impression that it is a very common problem! However even she stuck with the stock answer, checked on the system to look up my 'report' then checked the flight schedules to tell me it will probably be this afternoon, if not this afternoon tomorrow and if not tomorrow almost certainly by Monday!

When I asked if her 'system' could actually tell me that the bike case had been found, the answer was NO, it will turn up when it turns up! So no real progress there. When I pressed her on how many baggage items never turn up she said none they usually turn up eventually! Eventually is really going to screw up my trip. If I wait til Monday to get my bike or decide I need to buy something then I will lose 3 races and not be on my bike for a week, I will be very pissed!!!

I'll chase the lost property office at the airport late this afternoon, if they haven't called here to see if its turned up on todays flight.

I went to a couple of bike shops today, to fill in some time and just check out what is available if I have to do something about a new bike. Lots of bikes to see but Belgium seems to ride Shimano, very little Campagnolo which is my choice ona ll my other bikes and very very little SRAM. So bike choices plenty but equipment choices seem to be very small. I really hope I don't have to choose.

The update on my bike is that it has been found in Doha. Hooray! But it's still in Doha and won't be in Brussels until tomorrow! That means the earliest I will receive it is late afternoon, so its probably not sensible to get up and race on Saturday but Sunday ought to be realistic. I just have to hope its all intact but its in a hardshell case so should be fine.

I guess that means I should stop eying up another new bike, after all I do have EPS equipped Focus waiting at home for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment