Saturday, July 20, 2013

At Last

Finally I have my bike, its now re assembled and in good order, can't say the same about the case though, one clip lock smashed, one damaged but there are five so the contents were fine.

It was all a bit of a saga really having been promised delivery on Friday afternoon, the box was passed to a delivery company for transport to my hotel. I filled out a form that only had my hotel address and phone number on it. Somewhere along the line the delivery company also got my home details, presumably from the airline, and instead of calling the hotel, called my home at 3am Australia time and left a very indistinct message containg a phone number that couldn't easily be deciphered. Of course by the time Hilda checked the message it was too late to do anything about it here! I called the number, actually I called several variations of the number, and got hold of somebody who told me that yes they would deliver it, probably late on Saturday afternoon. At which point I said can I pick it up myself? Oh yes its sitting here now!!! So I got into the car and collected it, Brussels airport is less than 30 minutes away, problem solved - eventually!

My original plan was to do a couple of hours on Thursday, just recovery pace, spin up the legs a bit and get the journey out of my system, then do two hours on Friday with some short sharp intervals just to remind my body what its all about, then race on Saturday. I was looking forward to a race on Satuyrday, it was course that I've always placed reasonably well on, however not to be, I didn't think I was up to getting the bike out of the case and jumping straight into a race! So I'm back on track, did an hour at 100rpm just to get the legs going, then 30 minutes of short intervals, finishing off with a 30 minute roll home, so my legs are OK, I'm well rested, with no bike I couldn't be anything else, so I'll race tomorrow.

I have two choices to race but can't make up my mind which to choose, neither is particularly far away, so I'll decide in the morning. Weather is going to be good and frankly my only ambition for the first races is to finish and get some race tempo in my legs, hopefully I can be a bit more ambitious later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment